This Saturday, May 19th 2018 – I’ll be at Retro Revival Generation-X 2018 in Walsall. I’ll be there with several Rare / X-Rare people talking about the good-old-days of a previous gaming generation. Perhaps see you there?: Retro Revival Generation-X
I’ll be here with a few Rare / X-Rare people on Saturday 19th May 2018 @ 12 Mid-day.
Talking about the good old days at Rare
It’s at Bank’s Stadium, Walsall – just off J9 of the M6: WS1 4SA
REVIVAL: Generation X 2018 is the latest upcoming show from Revival Retro Events, featuring the very best in dedicated retro video gaming exhibits and unrivaled gaming atmosphere! With literally DOUBLE the floor space of the previous year, 2018’s main event will feature well over 250 playable systems and interactive attractions that will entertain any old school gamer, families, children and casual gamers alike, including:
- Over 150 playable retro consoles and computers
- Over 100 FREE PLAY video arcade and pinball machines
- Filming of GamesAnimal TV, Dave Perry’s new gaming show
- On-stage competitions and prizes
- Large screen multiplayer experiences and system link-ups
- An even larger selection of traders offering various retro collectables
- Live special guest talks and interactive workshops
- Reasonably priced, fully licensed bar and gamer’s snack bar serving hot and cold food
- Accessible venue near M6 J9, with FREE Saturday and reasonable Sunday parking
- Choice of nearby hotels with direct rail and bus links to the venue
As well as all the best retro gaming attractions, REVIVAL: Generation X will be focusing on the evolution of electronic entertainment experienced by gamers who got their first dose during the video game revolution that kicked off at the dawn of the 80’s. At double the size of 2017, the two major halls will each focus on a different period; the first will focus on the early days, with the dominance of the microcomputers and the golden age of the arcades. The second meanwhile will move into the 90’s, with the influence of the import market pushing the pursuit of the latest technology and the late resurgence of the arcades inspired by Japan!